What is Tummy Tuck - Abdominoplasty?
Abdominoplasty or tummy tuck is a cosmetic surgery of the abdomen which aims to tighten the skin of the abdominal region to get a perfectly flat stomach and harmonious. It is to tighten the skin of the belly by removal of excess skin and fat and to make curing of diastasis muscles of the abdominal wall released.
Significant weight loss, pregnancy and older surgical procedures usually cause the withered appearance and relaxed belly as abdominoplasty can repair: This is actually a reconstructive surgery of the abdominal wall.
Cosmetic surgery of the abdomen: liposuction and/or abdominoplasty?
Before making a belly, it must first examine and evaluate the quality of the skin, the amount of fat and the quality of the abdominal muscle wall. After this analysis, three surgical techniques available to the plastic surgeon:
There are only a fat overload the abdominal skin without excess skin: liposuction of the abdomen is well signposted.
There is a small excess skin and fat only below the navel: abdominal Minilift is recommended.
There is an excess of skin and fat with sagging abdominal muscle wall: Abdominoplasty with transposition of the umbilicus and cure of diastasis is essential to have a flat stomach.
Tummy tuck surgery technique
There is talk of tummy tuck or abdominoplasty classic when any skin that lies between the pubis and xiphoid process is detached. The flap of skin on the navel will be carried out after detaching. Then the umbilicus will be replaced with an opening made at the end of the operation. This manipulation is called abdominoplasty with transposition of the umbilicus.
Usually it is accompanied by a voltage fitness muscle of the abdominal wall in the event of diastasis, and / or liposuction in the case of excess fat.
The scars afer Tummy tuck surgery - abdominplasty
Abdominoplasty comes at the cost of two scars:
- A horizontal scar: the scar is not visible through the underwear, it is placed above the pubis and connects the two hips.
- A scar around the belly button: almost invisible.
In some cases, a vertical scar between the pubis and the umbilicus can be considered. It is especially indicated for patients with surgical history having produced a vertical scar or people with a vertical excess skin that requires the completion of a vertical clamp skin.
The scars may be red and visible aspect for some months. Their appearance can not be judged before 1 year.
During the 12 months following the operation scars must be preserved from the sun. After this period, their appearance will be final.
What procedures can we combine with tummy tuck to improve the look of the belly?
- Liposuction: It improves the aesthetics by refining the abdominal wall and slimming the hips and flanks.
- The tightening of abdominal muscles: almost always performed, which is to tighten the rectus muscles (the vertical muscles in the abdomen center) to a fine size and to tone the abdominal wall. This is called the treatment of diastasis.
Preoperative steps of a tummy tuck abroad in Tunisia
- A comprehensive health examination must be performed before arrival in Tunisia and sent to your cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Shiraz Bouzguenda so that it ensures that there are no cons-indication to your tummy tuck operation by Tunisia.
- A smoking cessation is strongly advised at least one month before and after the intervention.
- Stopping oral contraceptive will be recommended to reduce the risk of possible thromboembolic complications of abdominoplasty.
- Es for ten days before surgery, no aspirin-based treatment should be administered.
Type of anesthesia and hospital procedures
- Type of anesthesia: This tummy tuck in Tunisia intervention is performed under general anesthesia.
- Length of stay: For the tummy tuck surgery in Tunisia, three days of hospitalization are necessary in a aesthetic clinic in Tunisia on average.
- Duration of stay in Tunisia Aesthetic after abdominoplasty: A residence 9 to 10 days is recommended.
Tummy Tuck Surgery - Abdominoplasty Operation
The method differs from one practitioner to another but remains common basic principles:
The layout of the incisions varies depending on the position and the mass of damaged skin, the greater the amount of tissue to be removed is, the more the scar is long.
Excess fat is extirpable by liposuction and relaxed muscles are called into tension.
A compression bandage will be shaped, associated to a retaining sheath.
A tummy tuck may require 2 to 3 hours of intervention, according to the importance of work to do.
After Tummy Tuck Surgery - Abdominoplasty
- Drains are used to minimize the risk of bruising.
- 48 hours after surgery, the dressing is changed.
- To reduce the risk of phlebitis, one must leave the bed during the first 24 hours but also follow anticoagulant treatment with subcutaneous injections for ten days.
- The day and night of the harbor retaining sheath is recommended for a month and a half. The dressings should be kept for at least 15 days.
- The absorbable sutures are.
- A first shower is allowed one week after the intervention.
- It can be seen commonly during the first postoperative weeks:
- Swelling and bruises during the first 21 to 15 days.
- Insensitivity and a transient induration loosened zones for several months.
- Pain in the abdominal area, most important in case of treatment of diastasis during the first two weeks, although relieved by analgesics.
- Convalescent two weeks is required.
- It is imperative to stop all sports and all muscular effort for at least two months.
- The weight changes and pregnancy are not recommended to eliminate the risk of a deterioration of the result.
- The scar usually has a pink appearance for the first 2 to 3 months then it fades little by little after the sixth month. It should be protected from sunlight and UV for at least 1 year.