Information about Tummy Tuck in Tunisia
What is Tummy Tuck - Abdominoplasty?
Is Tummy Tuck - Abdominoplasty Right For you?
For other patients, such as men with excess skin or fat, or those who have lost significant amounts of weight, a Tummy Tuck can be an option for tightening the abdomen. A Tummy Tuck can yield a flatter stomach and a shapelier waistline, which can enhance appearance and self-confidence. These results will be permanent only if the person maintains a sensible diet and participate in regular exercise. Tummy Tuck is a good option if you are physically healthy and at a stable weight, you have realistic expectations, you are a non-smoker, and you are concerned about a tummy that feels too large. Your surgeon will assist you in determining if a Tummy Tuck is right for you.
Your Tummy Tuck Surgery - Abdominoplasty Consultation
Preparation for surgery
It is prudent to be close to ones ideal weight as the best results are achieved in patients who are the correct weight for their height.
It is recommended to stop all medications that can thin the blood 2 weeks prior to surgery. These include drugs such as Aspirin, Coumadin, Lovenox, Ibuprofen, Vitamin E.... These medications may cause bleeding during and after surgery.
It is also recommended to stop the oral contraceptive pill six weeks prior to surgery and consider an alternative method of contraception to reduce the risk of thrombosis.
It is also advisable to stop smoking prior to surgery and till the wounds are fully healed to prevent problems with wound healing and chest infections following the operation.
Tummy tuck and other Cosmetic Surgery Procedures
- Liposuction: Often liposuction is combined with tummy tuck surgery.
Additional Information about Abdominoplasty in Tunisia
Tummy Tuck Surgery - Abdominoplasty Operation
During Abdominoplasty, a ellipse of skin and underlying fat is removed from hip to hip above the pubic hair and below the umbilicus (navel). The umbilicus is left attached on a stalk.
A pocket is made beneath the skin and fat of the upper abdomen as far as the ribs. This skin is then stretched downward to join the lower incision.
Often, particularly in women who have had children, it is also necessary to tighten the underlying muscles to improve the contour of the abdomen. Liposuction is usually carried out at the same time as well.
Once the skin has been sutured, a second incision is made at the new site of the umbilicus, which is then sewn into its new position.
Drainage tubes are placed under the skin to collect any excess fluid that may accumulate. Dissolvable stitches used beneath the skin surface do not require removal.
After Tummy Tuck Surgery - Abdominoplasty
Immediately after your surgery, the skin of your abdomen will feel very tight. It may, in fact, be difficult to stand up straight for the first few days.
Moderate discomfort is common and can usually be controlled by taking pain killing tablets.
Numbness of the central part of the lower abdomen is common, however sensation in this area should gradually return to near normal over time. You will need to be patient, though, as this process may take months to complete.
You should expect to light to moderate bruising. This is quite normal and usually begins to settle in two to three weeks. It should be completely gone in about six weeks.
Garments are provided to be worn following the operation and should be worn for 6 weeks post-operatively day and night, in order to support the abdominal skin.
It is recommended to avoid vigorous exercise for 6 weeks. Moderate exercise such as walking or swimming is recommended until this time.
During your recovery you will need to get adequate rest. You should plan on spending at least two weeks away from work, longer if you have a strenuous occupation.
Tummy Tuck Surgery - Abdominoplasty risks and possible complications
- Hematoma: A hematoma is a collection of blood under the skin. Hematomas may occur within the first few days after surgery or further out if the surgical site is traumatized. Small hematomas will resolve spontaneously and can be observed. Larger ones may require aspiration or drainage for optimal results.
- Seroma: Occasionally, fluid will continue to collect under the skin. If this occurs the fluid may need to be drained with a needle.
- Infection: Antibiotics will be given to you, prophylactically before surgery, and for several days after surgery to minimize the risk of infection. If an infection develops, it typically can be treated with different antibiotics. In some situations surgical debridement may be required. This can result initially in a larger scar, which may be revised at a later date.
- Delayed Healing or Wound Separation: In some instances, the incision takes longer to heal than normal. Cigarette smoking, poor nutrition status and a compromised immune system can all increase the risk of delayed wound healing or separation.
- Numbness: It is common to experience some numbness around your surgical site for the first few weeks. Numbness can be temporary or it may be permanent.
- Blood Clots: Blood clots may form and travel to your lungs, resulting in severe injury or death. To decrease the risk of blood clots, boots that massage the lower leg will be placed on you during surgery. After the procedure you can decrease your risk of blood clots by walking 3 to 4 times daily.
- Scarring: Your scars will actually appear somewhat worse over the first 3 to 6 months as the healing process occurs. You can expect your scars to thin and fade by the end of 12 months. However, your scars will never fade completely.
- The Umbilicus: The umbilicus (belly button or navel) may have a changed appearance or location after the procedure.
Your new look after Tummy Tuck Surgery - Abdominoplasty
General Information about Tummy Tuck - Abdominoplasty in Tunisia
Tummy Tuck Abroad - Tummy Tuck free consultation - Book a consultation in London for Tummy Tuck Abroad - Tummy Tuck before after pictures (photos) - Tummy Tuck Information - Tummy Tuck Abroad cost & price - Tummy Tuck Abroad Clinic - Tummy Tuck Abroad Recovery -Tummy Tuck Abroad Surgeon
Free Consultation for Tummy Tuck Surgery - Abdominoplasty Abroad
Apply for our free email consultation now:
- Fill in our General Enquiry Form online
- send us some photos of the areas to be treated
Book a consultation in London for Tummy Tuck in Tunisia
Apply for a consultation in Harley Street in London now:
- Fill in our Consultation Form online
- or you can call us now : +44 7510 931 651
Price & Cost Tummy Tuck - Abdominoplasty in Tunisia
- Fill in our Quotation Form online
- send us some photos of the areas to be treated.